With the right information properly presented, clients and their professional advisors are better equipped to make informed decisions.
Our goal is to prepare reports that are easily understood by judges, lawyers, and their clients. This often leads to negotiations and settlement.
Bruce Horsley has obtained the following professional designations:
- Association of Certified Forensic Investigator Canada Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners – Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- The American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA) – Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
Ongoing training is required to maintain the credentials and to stay abreast of current developments. This involves maintaining a library of databases and publications.
Forensic accounting typically prepares an accounting analysis that is suitable for court purposes.
Forensic accounting as a service area can cover a wide range of analysis. Historically the majority of our work has been completed as part of a shareholder dispute analysis and family law analysis.
We have completed assignments related to the quantification of misappropriated assets, tracing of misappropriated cash receipts, tracing funds, and financial statement misrepresentation.
Forensic accounting our work is involved with an objective evaluation of evidence gathered. The evidence is presented to the client or trier-of-fact (judge) who will make the legal conclusions as to the existence of fraud.
Financial statement misrepresentation our work is involved with an objective evaluation of evidence gathered. Financial statement misrepresentations may not have resulted in a loss of company assets or the additions of company liabilities.
Losses may be in the form of:
- Extra compensation paid to executives that was not warranted.
- Bankers providing loans that should have been withdrawn.
- Shareholders have advanced funds or maintained investments or loan guarantees that should not have been made.
- Concealed expenses
- Inclusion of fictitious expenses
- Co-mingling of personal/business expenses
- Fictitious employees
We have assisted with obtaining data for legal counsel regarding Anton Piller Orders.