Advising Family Law Lawyers and their Clients constitutes a large part of our practise over the past twenty years.
In the context of Family Law the objective of the valuation report is to calculate fair value. Fair value calculations start with the calculation of fair market value and then allow for adjustments in order to obtain an equitable result.
With the right information properly presented, clients and their professional advisors are better equipped to make informed decisions.
Our goal is to prepare reports that are easily understood by judges, lawyers, and their clients. This often leads to negotiations and settlement.
Reports Related to Marriage Breakdown
- Business Valuation Reports
- Critiquing Business Valuation Reports of other Business Valuators
- Preparing Income For Support Purposes Reports
- Calculation of the Notional Costs of Disposition Reports
- Assistance to Lawyers in Preparing Net Family Property Information Books
- Tracing of Excluded Assets Reports
Direct Assistance to Lawyers in Family Law Files
- Assist with planning areas of investigation and requesting relevant information
- Preparing Reports
- Explaining the differences between two valuation reports or two income for support reports
- Attending Pre-trial Hearings
- Attending Settlement Conferences
- Attending Arbitration/Mediation Hearings
- Providing Income Tax Planning Advice Related to Settlement Alternatives
- Assist with preparing questions for Discovery and Cross-Examination
- Providing Expert Witness Testimony and listening to other Expert Witnesses
- Assistance to lawyers in preparing submissions.
Reports Related to Start of Marriage
- Preparing Business Valuation Reports Before marriage for inclusion in pre-nuptial agreements
- Assistance with calculation pre-marriage property statements
We have performed over 130 Family Law Income for Support Reports primarily in situations where a business is owned. We have given court testimony in these situations as well. We have prepared reports dealing with the topics of Imputed Income and Future Achievable Income.
We have been successfully involved in numerous family law Collaborative Assignments.